Welcome to my site. I’m Roy Rinberg. You can find my substack newsletter here : https://technicallyprivate.substack.com/!
I’m a computer scientist and software engineer interested in ways to use technology for positive social change - most recently, I’m interested in privacy technology.
My current technical thoughts revolve around:
- Tools for making private computation possible (particularly in a machine-learning systems environment).
- Laws (primarily US laws) that incentivize technical forms of privacy for developers and disincentivize privacy leaks by companies.
The rest of my thoughts mostly revolve around:
- The intersection of technology and tech-policy. In particular:
- How can we make better ways for people to “hedge” in the tech industry. Or in other words, how can people (like me) effectively do something good for the world, while also building general career capital.
- What are problems in the world which require truly technical solutions (are there any?).
- How to effectively engage with the Effective Altruism community.
Climbing. Triathloning!Climbing again!